No need for Betty Crocker here! **gluten free and vegan**
Here’s the first recipe in my “2-week wait” friendly recipe collection! These are recipes that have foods that help with embryo implantation and fertility after ovulation. The 2-week wait can feel like it last’s forever, why not eat some chocolate while you’re waiting for that positive pregnancy test.
This one is chock-full of antioxidants. We love berries for their antioxidant capabilities, but did you know black beans, cocoa, and pecans are antioxidant too? Even more than some berries! Cocoa powder is the mother of antioxidants so I always include it in all of my recipes. All hail this chocolatey, uterus hugging 🤗, and easy to make brownie. Want to learn more about natural fertility support? What about more foods for the dreaded 2-week wait? Click the links to find out everything you need to know. Now let’s get baking!
✅ 1 can black beans (well rinsed)
✅ 2 batches flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
✅ 3 tbsp olive oil
✅ 3/4 cup cocoa powder
✅ 1/4 tsp salt
✅ 1 tsp vanilla extract
✅ 1/4 cup sugar (shhh 🤫)
✅ 1/4 cup maple syrup
✅ 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
✅ 1/4 cup chopped pecans
✅ 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
✅ 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
✅ 20 pitted dates
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease a muffin pan
2. Thoroughly drain black beans
3. Prepare flax eggs by combining flax and water in the bowl of the food processor. Quickly blend
4. Add dates to flax mixture and pulse. Add a little bit of hot water to soften into pieces (if needed)
5. Add all ingredients (besides pecans, coconut and chocolate chips) and puree – about 2 minutes
6. Add pecans, coconut and chocolate chips and pulse to combine
7. Add the batter to the prepared muffin tin
8. Top with remaining coconut, pecans, and chocolate chips (if you have some left)
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the tin
10. Remove from oven and let cool for 30 minutes before removing from pan. Eat right away or store in freezer!
Want custom recipes to support your fertility during the 2-week wait? Book an appointment with me and let’s talk!