Fertility Acupuncture Services in Toronto
Acupuncture is an essential part of any fertility treatment or preconception plan, and is useful for women and men.
Acupuncture can be successfully used to:
- Promote pelvic blood flow and build uterine lining in cases of failed embryo transfers, poor implantation rates, poor placental perfusion, subchorionic hemorrhage, and pregnancy loss
- Lower elevated FSH levels in cases of premature ovarian failure, low ovarian reserve, advanced maternal age, and perimenopause
- Improve ovarian response to medications during IUI and IVF cycles
- Regulate menstrual cycles, promote ovulation, prevent luteal phase defect
- Reduce painful periods by preventing pain and treating acute pain
- Decrease erectile dysfunction and improve sperm count, motility, and morphology
- Promote relaxation and overall calmness
Acupuncture During IUI and IVF Cycles
- Acupuncture has been proven safe and effective alongside IUI and IVF cycles
- It is used to improve response to medications – that’s code for producing more follicles and improving uterine lining thickness!
- It is also used to help manage the side effects of medications – like hot flashes, bloating, fatigue, nausea etc.
- The best time to start acupuncture is 3 months before your scheduled cycle
It is never too late, you can even start doing acupuncture during an IUI or IVF cycle that has already begun
Pre & Post Embryo Transfer Acupuncture
- Acupuncture on the day of embryo transfer has shown to increase live birth rates by 43%
- I will come to your fertility clinic on the day of your embryo transfer and provide you with two acupuncture treatments. You never have to leave the building, so the experience is as stress free as possible
- The first treatment is designed to improve blood flow to the uterus and promote endometrial receptivity (make it welcoming to your embryo)
- The second treatment is designed to improve embryo implantation
- Fill out the email template form if you’re interested in booking on-site acupuncture at your fertility clinic
- Are acupuncture needles like regular needles?
Not at all. Acupuncture needles are as fine as threads. They are extremely thin and (mostly) painless and hardly puncture the skin
- How long do the needles stay in?
- Where are the needles placed?
They can be inserted all over the body, but the most common spots are the lower legs, and belly. Your clothes stay on during the treatment so you can imagine there aren’t any uncomfortable places
- What does it feel like?
It’s relaxing. Most people fall asleep with the sounds of calming music and a heated table. Once the needles are inserted, you don’t feel them anymore
- How often do I need acupuncture for results?
Once a week if you’re preparing for a cycle or currently trying to get pregnant
Want to get started with fertility acupuncture? Book an appointment HERE.